Monday, August 2, 2010

Char.red

To celebrate our anniversary, J and I headed to Char for dinner. We don't have the one restaurant that we usually go to to celebrate "us". Anywhere expensive is good enough for me! :D
(Excuse the blurriness of the photos - I used my camera phone and the mood lighting wasn't ideal!)


Wagyu meatballs on garlic ciabatta
The meatballs were so tenderly good, I really didn't want to share it!


Seared scallops on a bed of squid ink risotto
First time trying squid ink and the squidiness was a bit overpowering for me. This appears to be the dish that has replaced the beloved Crispy Pork Belly and Seared Scallops, why oh why they would take this off the menu!


Crispy pork belly
Doesn't the name say it all? Crispy pork belly.... *swoon*


Crispy duck on lychee and hoisin salad
This was an awesome combination of flavours - lychee and hoisin are what I love! The duck was indeed quite crispy, maybe even a little charred on the ends but still finger licking good. Yes I (discreetly) licked my fingers after picking up the duck leg to bite into it. I know I know, I'm all class ;)



Rose petal parfait
My gorgeous dessert really deserves two photos. I didn't pick this for the parfait, but for the sugar glass lattice and persian fairy floss... and how pretty does it look! The couple at the table next to us also asked what we ordered so they could try the same. I want to attempt the sugar lattice sometime... :)


Strawberry panna cotta with shortbread
J had originally picked the pavlova but after rolling my eyes at him for picking the only thing familiar to him, he decided on the panna cotta. Hehe um.. don't you like trying new things?? Personally I don't really like shortbread and the panna cotta wasn't too impressive. He did say afterwards, he should've picked the pavlova -_-

Overall, it was a delicious dinner and all our plates were scraped clean. I can't wait to go back!


Char Restaurant @ Admiralty
Cnr The Esplanade & Knuckey St, Darwin
http://www.charrestaurant.com.au/
(08) 8981 4554

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails