Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Irish Cream

Legless.


By Kylie Banning

This is such a pretty book and the recipes look so delicious. I bought it from the book club at work and some of the pages are already tagged for a special few birthdays in the office. I made one of the cakes for Naomi's birthday last week - Strawberry Cheesecake, which was devine and, as an added bonus, it was quite simple to make.

What I didn't consider when I decided to make these lovely alcoholic desserts for upcoming birthdays, is that alcohol is mighty expensive. Last week I bought Strawberry Liqueur ($24.99) which I guess wasn't too bad a price. But the next recipe I am going to attempt requires three different liqueurs!

So, enter Lee & Soph, with their own alcohol distilling kit at home, who provided me with some Oz Brew Irish Cream and Hazelnut Liqueur.



Irish cream liqueur

I didn't realise how easy these DIY liqueur kits are to use.

"A complete schnapps kit containing pre-blended ingredients that make a true, full-bodied cream liqueur. Just add 500ml of treated spirit or Vodka directly to this satchel. Re-seal and shake well to blend."

So easy! I am already eyeing the kits for making butterscotch schnapps and coconut rum.

I am not much of a drinker (special occasions only ;)) but I can't go past these desserts to get me into the spirit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails